Beuth Verlag is a full-service provider of technical information for all sectors and professions.
A subsidiary of DIN, the German Institute for Standardization, we provide national and international standards and technical rules, as well as multi-media information services for businesses of all sizes, research and academic organizations, trade associations, service organizations and the trades.
SMEs: Many of our publications are oriented towards the needs of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME), who make a great contribution to Germany's competitive strength in the global arena.
Our diverse programme includes a number of sector-specific book series, loose-leaf collections, online services and journals. Many of these titles are available in English or are bi-lingual. Furthermore, our "DIN Academy" offers a wide range of conferences and seminars on technical subjects (at present in German only).
Beuth Verlag is known for its emphasis on quality, the use of the latest technologies, and a strong customer focus.
Beuth Verlag takes its name from the Prussian industrial pioneer and founder of Berlin's Technical University, Christian Peter Wilhelm Beuth.
Facts and figures
- Founded in Berlin in 1924
- Ranking among the 100 largest publishers in Germany (2013): 21
- Ranking among the 20 largest specialized publishers
in Germany (2013): 12
- Active customers: 150.000
- Staff members: 147
- Sales (in 2012): 61,1 Million Euros
- Foreign sales (percentage of total sales):: 15 %
- Available titles: over 350.000
- Book trade titles: 2.500
- Number of active authors (in 2011): 1.100
- Number of new publications per year: 200