DRM - Information
Due to contractual obligations, we have introduced a digital rights management (DRM) system to prevent illegal reproduction of certain documents provided at this webshop. At the moment this applies to documents ASME, AWS, IRIS Revision and eBooks.
Our eBooks, documents and online services which are DRM-protected are intended for use with Windows, Adobe Acrobat, a current browser and the FileOpen plug-ins.
We do not guarantee the correctness of the following information: FileOpen also offers versions of its plug-in for other operating systems at http://plugin.fileopen.com/all.aspx. Please follow the instructions given by FileOpen for installation.
We do not support Linux systems.
The following applies to documents with copy restrictions:
- To open such a document you need to install the Adobe plug-in "FileOpen" (see below for installation instructions).
- PLEASE NOTE: The restricted document can only be used on ONE computer! You will NOT be able to open it on another computer OR log-in from another location to access it, so choose the computer you wish to access the document from CAREFULLY!!
Exception: ebooks can be opened at two separate workstations (PCs).
- Ensure that you have an active connection to the Internet when you open the document for the first time.
- Once you have opened the document with an active connection to the Internet you can view it again offline.
- There are no restrictions on printing out DRM-protected publications.
Exception: American Welding Society (AWS) / American Petroleum Institute (API).
Installing the FileOpen plug-in is easy - just follow the instructions below:
- Close Adobe Reader, if it is open.
- Download the plug-in by clicking on the link FileOpen*
PLEASE NOTE: The restricted document can only be used on ONE computer! You will NOT be able to open it on another computer OR log-in from another location to access it, so choose the computer you wish to access the document from CAREFULLY!!
- Test to see if the installation has been successful by opening the following document.
If the plug-in has been successfully installed, a file named "FileOpen.api" will be in your Adobe plug-in directory, usually under "C:\Program files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\plug_ins".
If your are not allowed to install the plug-in on your computer please contact your administrator.
Thursday, 25 May is a public holiday in Germany. We will therefore not be able to answer customer requests or provide downloads. Our services will be available again as of Friday, 26 May.
Thank you for your understanding.