We would also be happy to send your invoices electronically. We’ve compiled some information for you on how e-invoicing works, the advantages it brings, and what’s needed to implement it.
How does electronic invoicing work?
If you have consented to use electronic invoicing, you will receive your invoices by email - usually in PDF format. (See below for information on the special formats ZUGFeRD and XRechnung.)
The PDF invoice replaces the paper version and complies with the legal requirements for the deduction of input tax.
What are the advantages of electronic invoicing?
- For a start, the amount of paper used is reduced, and handling kept to a minimum.
- In addition, invoices can be easily distributed by email for approval release - saving time and administrative costs.
- The invoices are forwarded to you as soon as our system generates them. There are no time delays due to postal delivery.
- Documents will be delivered to you separately or are ready for download in your Beuth account. Your login details for an online service will be sent to you by email.
How would you like to receive your electronic invoice?
We can send you your e-invoice in one of the following formats:
- You will receive your invoice as a PDF.
- Besides a PDF reader (such as Adobe Reader), no other software is necessary.
- Invoices in PDF form comply with tax regulations and laws.
- ZUGFeRD (The Central User Guide of the Forum for Electronic Invoicing Germany) is a hybrid format in the form of a PDF which also has structured data in XML format embedded in it, making it machine-readable.
- You will find more information on ZUGFeRD on the website of the Forum for Electronic Invoicing Germany (FeRD).
- XRechnung is a data exchange standard for electronic invoices that contains structured data only (and not PDF).
- German federal, state and local government institutions are obliged (with varying deadlines) to switch to this format for their invoice management.
- You will find more information on XRechnung from the Coordination Office for IT Standards (KoSIT).
How can you register for e-invoicing?
- If you wish to switch to e-invoicing, you first need to give us your consent.
- Once we receive your declaration of consent we’ll send you an email confirming the switch.
- This means that you all invoices will be sent to you electronically at the email address you have given us.
If you have any further questions on e-invoicing, please feel free to contact us: Just send us an email to email@example.com.